Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Valentine's Dinner

I spent the early-evening preparing a meal for my Dad. He called last night to ask if I wanted to join him for dinner because my Mom was playing cards. Real romantic Mom. But anyway, I gladly accepted the offer to spend time with my Dad. He's great, all that know him think so. Going out for dinner is always enjoyable, but I called back and asked him if I could make dinner instead. He accepted.
I thumbed through cookbooks, knowing only what I wanted for dessert. I decided on herb chicken and red potatoes and onion. I also made a salad with sliced almonds and mandarin oranges. Dessert was croissants filled with strawberry preserves, strawberries and whipped topping. It was fun to prepare a meal, probably because I rarely do it. As you all know I had a Pampered Chef party a few weeks back and I was excited to use all of my new gadgets. I think I used about everything I received. I chopped garlic and onion with the handy food chopper, I shredded mozzerella cheese with the grater, sliced potatoes and onions with the ultimate slice and grate...it was fun. I could have been in an infomercial for Pampered Chef.
The meal turned out. It was one of my bests. The company was wonderful too. Thanks Dad. Happy Valentine's Day. There really is no other way I would have wanted to spend my evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat, neater, neatest. It is hard to see how things could be nicer for an evening.