Wednesday, February 22, 2006

He's growing up


I haven't posted about Cooper in a little while. He's doing so well, I really think he's growing up. These are a couple of the reasons why I think this:
1. He sleeps more. We'll have only been awake for about 2 hours and he'll want to nap.
2. Today, he had a pen in his mouth and I said, "Cooper, No. Drop it." He did. He dropped it!
3. He doesn't run around like a freak-show with no destination anymore. He seems to have reason for his movements.
4. He hasn't launched himself at my face with his 'devil dog face' in about a month.
5. Free roam of the house isn't a problem, he doesn't come out of the bedroom with undies in his mouth or kleenex from the bathroom garbage.
6. When he's outside, I only have to call his name about 8 times until he comes running in. I used to have to drag him in.

Anyway, each day he's becoming more of a dog and less of a puppy. I told my mom last night that I love him more now than I did when he was 3 mos. old.

I am anxious for spring though, we want to go to the park!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but will he still beat up on Becket?

Anonymous said...

Today is the first time I've seen your blogspot-it's so fun! I'm glad to hear that cooper is coming around. I think I'll stick with cats, though.

Anonymous said...

I read this to my coworkers and they were laughing pretty hard. I can't believe little Cooper is turning into a man! I miss you guys!

Goober