Saturday, February 11, 2006

I have a popular neighbor

Yesterday I forgot to check my mail, I just didn't really have time. I got home from work and hurried to get to Adam's Olympic party and walked past the mail cardboard box. So, this morning I checked it and there was a stack of pretty envelopes. I thought, holy crap, what's with all the mail? Then I looked closer and the purple envelope was addressed to my next door neighbor Karen. I picked up the yellow one, same name on the front, the red one and pastel green one too. Damn, she's popular. It must be her birthday or something. A part of me wants to open them and enjoy them for myself. I know that they are hers though and I'll have to deliver them to her. Lucky lady. Mail is fun, isn't it? Don't we all go to the mailbox with the expectation of receiving something new or unexpected? Anyway feel free to send me mail, make sure it's in pretty envelopes though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always run to the mail thinking I am getting something special. Maybe we should start that pen pal thing again from when I was in Australia that only made it round trip once. haha. She's a lucky lady. Love and miss you Bertie!!

Goober