Monday, December 12, 2005

You know you're a midwesterner when...

Tonight on the news, our local trusty weatherman indicated that today's high temperatures were in the upper 30's over the vast state of South Dakota. A day in the upper 30's is welcomed especially in the middle of December and I was pleased to not have to wear my bulky coat for much of the day. In fact, I only wore it this morning when it was about 32 degrees. Here's the funny thing...Mr. Weatherman (with great hair mind you) indicated that we would have another "warm one tomorrow." What's the high for tomorrow, you ask? 38 degrees. So, you know you are a midwesterner when you start to call 38 degrees warm. I think using the word warmer would be appropriate, but warm? Granted only a week ago it was -5 degrees or colder, so I guess warm is okay, I'll give this one to the crazy weatherman.
Well, since it's going to be warm tomorrow, I better get up a little earlier tomorrow so I can shave my legs and wear shorts...maybe I'll break out the sunscreen too.

No comments: