Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A funk...

Some say that the weather causes people to enter a state of funk. I wouldn't say that I am exactly affected by the weather, but I find myself at times feeling stuck in the funk. My funk is very different than for instance your funk. I can't necessarily tell right away when I am in mine either or identify exactly why I am in it. Well, enough explanation of the funk. I am in it.
I am in the funk right now...well actually since about Sunday. My funk is an overall feeling of blah, blech, sigh. Someone asked me what happened on Sunday or what has changed since Sunday and I couldn't answer that question. This is all I know, I told him. I know that something just doesn't feel "right."
I'm not worried about my state though. I know that it will pass and then it will be months before it settles in again.
My job title is counselor. Kind of ironic really that I deal with other people and their funk all of the time and encourage them to find things that make them happy or changes their perspective on it. It's no wonder I experience resistance from them.
These thoughts are in my head and I am acknowledging my funk, which is the first step in sending it packing.
Acknowledge your funk people.

No comments: