Sunday, January 29, 2006

Direct Sales Galore!

I have had quite the weekend of firsts and it is just the wee hours of Sunday morning. Friday night I hosted my first ever Pampered Chef party. Now, I have attended quite a few of these, but had never been a hostess for one. My mother, bless her, came over on Thursday night and helped me clean. She thinks I live in utter filth. She'll never say that to me directly, but I have known her for 27 years and can read her pretty well. Anyway, it was clean and spiffy for the Pampered Chef party. I bribed people to attend by offering margaritas. It was a good time, I think. I had about 15 people in and out, which I feel is a good showing. Now, I get free stuff. Gotta love that.
Then this morning (Sat. AM) I attended a Tupperware Party. I wasn't even sure that these still existed, but they do. So, I ended up spending money this morning on what the 'consultant' told me were "practical." Sure, lady. Practical, that's me. I also booked a party for May. More free stuff I guess.
So, that brings me to Saturday evening when I was invited to an 80's party at the house where I grew up. That's just weird. Anyway, so I showed up and it was not only an 80's party, but a sex-toy party. I was bombarded this weekend with direct sales consultants!
There are many other 'parties' out there to attend, Tastefully Simple, Homemaker's Idea, Stamp Parties, Purse Parties, Jewelry Parties, Mary Kay etc, etc.
I guess there is always next weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds to me like a good opportunity to "push some pens"

Casey said...

well pampered chef, thats some good stuff - anyways thanks for reading my blog still.