Friday, January 06, 2006

Happy New Year

Another year, huh? Well, like I stated in my Christmas letter, I am happy to say that this last year has been rather fruitful. I am quite happy that I am fully employed (with benefits, mind you.) I also added to my family and got a dog that is slowly, but surely tugging on my heart. I would even proudly say that I love him. And in the same breath I can say that he'll be the death of me. The dog won't learn. He's smart, of course because he is a Bennett, but at the same time he won't listen to me. Everyone says, he's still a puppy, blah blah. But, I want him to be good. Quit jumping, quit barking, come when he's called and damnit, come to me when I want to put him in his kennel.
'06 is starting okay. I had a nice get-together to celebrate the coming of the new year. I called it a get-together until I was sure that people would have fun. Now I'll call it a party because I do believe it was a success. I think many had fun, I did. I had four of my best friends in attendance, what can be better than that really? Yes, tequila shots you say? Well, they were here too. JellO shots too. It was fun...the champagne was flowing, noise-makers blowing and even punching balls. Remember those? Yep, they're great.
I am looking forward to a new year. I hope that it holds surprises for me and that I make new friends and continue to cherish the old ones.
Well, with that I am wishing all those that may read this a happy year. I hope it is filled with joy and a sense of peace. Health and laughter to all.

No comments: