Monday, June 05, 2006

I made it there...and back

Well, I made it home all safe and sound from my camping experience in the Black Hills of SD. The trip was very fun and we had excellent weather. I was sometimes whiny and a bit of a pessimist, but overall I think I was pretty fun! Our experiences varied from good ol' Wall Drug to Hill City on Friday, Saturday brought about Crazy Horse, Wind Cave National Park, wildlife and an afternoon of kayaking. 3 lakes in one afternoon! The whole group kayaked on Sylvan Lake in Custer State Park as that is where we camped. Then two of us ventured off to find another lake. We found and kayaked on Center Lake and had a brilliant idea to kayak a third. Our final lake was Bismarck also in Custer State Park. It was a lot of fun and I hope to keep finding kayak adventures. Then we headed out on Sunday and ventured through the Badlands for a couple of hours. It had been quite some time since I had last visited this part of the state and I love the scenery and history of the state! I have quite a few pictures and have only posted a few...I would be happy to email them out if you are interested let me know!








3 comments:

MrVilhauer said...

Hill City? Did you go to Chute Roosters?

Anonymous said...

Hey...we're camping at bismarck over the fourth....how was it? glad you had fun!
sorry for crappy typing, i was real close to breaking my hand (it's bruised enough to get some major painkiller apparently). fell off me bike on the way home from work. oops.
KV

JB said...

Great snaps, glad you had a good time - SD a facinating state. Thanks for sharing.