Sunday, July 06, 2008

Seattle and Pics






I visited Seattle in April. A friend from Graduate school and my first job in Sioux Falls, Danielle is going to law school at Seattle University. Another friend, Trina (from the Element Club) lives there as well. So I got to explore Seattle with both of them. It was a great trip. The weather was very unpredictable, there was snow, rain, wind, and low temps, but we still got to see the things I wanted.
We visited great restaurants, I ate at my first Dim Sum restaurant in Seattle's China Town and loved it. I can't find that around here! We also took the Ducks Tour, which is a WW2 vehicle that goes on land and water. A great look at Seattle and some history. We took a ferry across Elliot Bay and could see the skyline through the rain and fog, but barely. Danielle, Trina and I also went to the Experience Music Project, a museum that if I were in love with guitars I would have been drooling the whole time. But it was enjoyable. I went to the Public Market and had a great cup of coffee at the first Starbucks store! :)
We also took an underground tour where more Seattle history was learned. Then we went to Fremont, a neighborhood in Seattle, to visit the Fremont Troll. This was a piece of 'art' that won a contest to be placed under a bridge in a residential neighborhood. Pretty weird but cool at the same time.
I really liked Seattle and can see why the people love their city. I have visited places in my life and when I got home thought that Seattle could definitely be a place I could live. It was a great long weekend.

No comments: