Sunday, July 06, 2008

International Element Owners Club Meet-Columbus, OH

Another geek meet! I traveled to Columbus, OH by way of Chicago to pick up my fellow-geek club member, Trina, for another Element meet. The meet was in the Columbus area this year as all of the Honda Elements are made at the East Liberty Honda Plant. As a group we toured the plant. It was really an amazing thing to see. I had never toured a factory before and was truly impressed with the precision and the dedication to making a quality product. The associates of the plant were friendly and enjoyed having us there. We also were able to see the test track used to determine performance and capability. Neither of these events are usually open to the public, so was great to see.
We spent a lot of time in the parking lot again as the weather was perfect. A lot of socializing, laughing and story telling takes place in the parking lot! Many of the same people I met in St. Louis two years ago were there, so it was a reunion for many. The people of this club are dedicated to making the events memorable and I really love these people. Never in a million years would I have guessed that I'd drive over 2000 miles to hang out with people that drive the same car as me...in a parking lot. But for some reason, as long as I am able to, I will do the same thing over and over!
Then on my way home after dropping Trina at Midway in Chicago, I continued on to my college roommate's house near Milwaukee. Sarah and I don't get to see each other very often but I love every second I get to spend with her. We can not see each other for years and it's like old times...but not the times we lived together, cuz' that wasn't always perfect! I miss her a ton.

Some of these pics are mine, others I stole from my friends on the site.
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool Berta!! I miss my element and goin to the convention. someday, again, i will own one and we will ride together!!! :D Luv you!