Sunday, May 14, 2006

Roadtrip



Took a roadtrip this weekend to Rochester, MN. This was a long-awaited trip to meet the newborn daughter of my best friend. A baby. I can't believe my friend from way back when is a mom now. Today is Mothers' Day. Her first of many of course.
It seems like only yesterday I was hanging out on her trampoline, we would jump for minutes, then lay down, laugh, tell stories (gossip), jump a few more minutes and repeat. We used to stay up late, we made home movies, watched movies and ate popcorn. We were good kids. This weekend we had this very discussion. Our parents were lucky to have us! We were lucky to have them too.
We didn't sneak out or sneak beer. We just had fun. Good 'ol fashioned girly fun.
Congratulations to my best friend, a new mom. She's a good one, I know already.

No comments: