Sunday, April 29, 2007

First launch of the season...and I didn't say successful launch!

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous. Cooper and I hit the bike trails and got 2 more caches. We are getting better, I think. The day was just too perfect.
Adam, Ali and I headed to Lake Alvin for our first kayak experience of the season. We tried to launch in a different area than usual. It was very rocky and slippery. I had a nice shove off, slipped and tipped my kayak. Yeah, it was cold, wet and GROSS. I had green crap all over my pants. Not very impressive. So I had to spend the rest of the adventure with wet, sticky, now spandexy clothes.
So Ali and I head to the swimming beach to ease our exit and Adam headed back to where the truck was. As he got to the truck, and I arrived on the beach, we both realized I had HIS keys. Hmm...tricky. We both headed in the direction we felt the other person was. It was quite a haul. But, a stranger on a motorcycle saved the day and he offered me a ride to Adam's truck. Half way down the highway, there was Adam trucking towards me. The nice man on the motorcycle let me off and we walked to the truck and were home free!
Great first adventure!
oh, yeah, we did this all in about 1.5 hours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.